Friday, March 12, 2010

B8

Making and refining selections was really neat. Enjoyed the presenter as well. This gave me a little more information about when to use layers and how to refine edges. The using layers video helped a lot. When I did my handout I wasn't sure what good the layers could do, but now I understand better. This helped me understand how to move images around and combine photographs. The layer tool box is really important when creating an image. I like the use of the "black to white" gradient and how it applies to the image. The presenter in converting images to black and white was really distracting. He sounded like the dog from the movie UP. I had a hard time paying attention. I like that in your color panel you can change a specific color to a shade of gray. Applying smart filters was interesting, it seems to convert your image to something that reminds me of a sketch. The presenter for this video was blah. I like that you can change the background to a filter and keep the image in the front. I think the correcting lighting feature will come in handy. Often times images are ruined because of lighting issues and correcting lighting can be a huge help. The presenter for this video was not enthusiastic at all. I really like the making tonal corrections and making lighting corrections. It's amazing what these tools can do to fix your image. With the tonal corrector you can make an image that looks to flat much more lively by fixing the tonal contrast. With the lighting corrections you can simply paint over an area that you want to be lighter. Using the vanishing point is really awesome. This could come in handy. The presenter was ok for this video. I feel somewhat familiar with the concepts gone over in importing content because of what we did in class with importing our resumes. Overall these videos are all helpful. It's nice to have these available in case you get lost. The only complaint I have is it seems that all of the presenters assume that the viewer is already familiar with the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment