Friday, March 5, 2010

B7

The direct selection tool in Adobe ID is pretty neat, especially when it comes to images. The direct selection tool allows you to move an image inside of a box after you have cropped it, in order to see what crop of the photo you like the best. I learned a lot from the selection tools video and it will be easy to use these features now, especially since I worked with similar tools in illustrator. I liked the announcer for the selection tool video. The announcer for working with text came off as very distracting to me. I really didn't learn much from this video, it was a lot of common sense for me. Again, working with text styles was a lot of stuff I already know how to do as well. The announcer was lacking enthusiasm, and I basically felt like I was in a huge lecture hall being read to from a PowerPoint. I liked the bullets and numbering video. Bullets and numbering can be very tricky when you are working with word documents, so this was a big help. The bullets and numbering in design are really smart, too. Unlike other applications, in design bullets and numbering can automatically re-bullet or re-number when you add more text. In design has a great alignment feature which would be excellent to use for creating an organized resume where you want specific lines to match up correctly. I liked this announcer too. The text wrap tool was really cool. I like how many options there are for wrapping around an image. Instead of using the tab key to skip over the picture, In design has options to wrap around the image neatly. Good announcer. Managing pages was interesting but a little confusing because I'm not familiar with creating multiple pages in a design program. With the panel options, it should be less complicated. I like the moving pages option because usually it is very hard to drag and drop. Overall, I am interesting in the selection tool the most but I think this is because I am already somewhat familiar with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment