Monday, January 25, 2010

Kalanges-Week 1

I've always had awesome art teachers growing up in elementary, middle and high school. These people were fun, energetic and they always seemed to love what they did. In high school I realized I was very interested in different media such as painting, photography, and ceramics. The fact that I was pretty good at these things helped too. I've always dreamed of becoming a teacher and combining my art skills with my love of children seemed like the perfect choice. I love children and I want to be able to create a fun environment for them in my own classroom someday. I hope that they could walk out of their art class days and remember how great their art teachers from the past were as I do now. My junior and senior year of high school I spent about an hour a day on Tuesdays and Thursdays volunteering at the elementary school in town. My time in an elementary art class really proved to me that becoming an art teacher would be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment